Effective as of 01.03.2019
EQUIMETALS is your trusted companion in metals.
This software aims to serve corporate clients with metal material information ranging from obsolete materials to up-to-date ones, and also to provide you technology support to use these materials effectively.
As we operate in Business-to-Business (B2B) market, we gather, store, share and use a very limited type and amount of personal data. However, your privacy and the security of your personal data is, and will always be, highly important to us. We want to transparently explain how we handle these data – as well as outline the controls and choices you have.
The Service – including each and every function it covers – is intended solely for knowledgeable engineering, materials science and metallurgical professionals, who are able to and fully liable for making all necessary control checks on all information – should it be data, calculation, or any other output – gained using the Service. Consequently, we do not serve any children, and we do not handle any related data.
2. About this Policy
This Policy sets out the essential details relating to your personal data relationship with Metallothek Materialwissenschaft Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung. The Policy applies to all Metallothek services and any associated services (referred to as the “Service”). The terms governing your use of the Service are defined in our General Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”).
From time to time, we may develop new or offer additional services. If the introduction of these new or additional services results in any change to the way we collect or process your personal data, we will provide you with more information and additional terms or policies. Unless stated otherwise when we introduce these new or additional services, they will be subject to this Policy.
The aim of this Policy is to:
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with;
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us in order to give you a great experience when you are using the Service; and
- Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process about you, and how we will protect your privacy.
We hope this helps you to understand our privacy commitments to you. For information on how to contact us if you ever have any questions or concerns, please email us to email@example.com. Alternatively, if you do not agree with the content of this Policy, then please remember, it is your choice whether you want to use the Service.
Metallothek Materialwissenschaft Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung is the data controller for the purposes of the personal data processed under this Policy.
3. Your rights and your preferences
You may be aware that a new European Union law, called the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR” gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of Access – the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to Rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to Restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to Object
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to Data Portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making – the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
If we send you electronic marketing messages based on your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may, at any time, respectively withdraw such consent or declare your objection (“opt-out”) at no cost. The electronic marketing messages you receive from Service (e.g. those sent via email) also will include an opt-out mechanism within the message itself (e.g. an unsubscribe link in the emails we send to you).
If you have any questions about your privacy, your rights, or how to exercise them, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time upon verification of your identity. If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal data you can also contact and are free to lodge a complaint with the National Data Protection and Informational Freedom Authority of Hungary , or your local Data Protection Authority within EU. Data subjects may, in the event of an infringement of their rights, file a petition in court against the data controller.
4. How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
- Sign up for and/or contract the Service – When you sign up to and/or contract the Service, we collect certain personal data so you can use the Service such as your name, corporate email address (that might embody you full name), phone number (that might be your personal number) and your job title (that you might possibly consider as private information). We may also get corporate contact person data from you on course of this process (e.g. name and email address of your invoice processor colleague).
- Your use of the Service – When you use the Service, we collect data about your use of the Service, such as what materials you are searching for and what technology support tools and processes you utilised.
- Other means
- From time to time, you also may be asked to provide us with additional personal data or give us your permission to collect additional personal data, however we will never do this without your prior consent and without providing proper information about the processing. You always will have the option to change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time.
- We do not receive, and do not sell or share personal data about you and your activity for any third parties with the exception of some extraordinary cases prescribed in law (e.g. court request). You are informed that the court, the public prosecutor, the criminal investigation authority, the infringements authority, the public administration authority, the National Data Protection and Informational Freedom Authority of Hungary, as well as other authorities authorized by legal regulation may request information, data and documents from us, we will grant such requests to the extent it is required by the relevant legal regulations. We will disclose personal data to the authorities only to the extent it is indispensable for the fulfilment of the authorities’ meticulously detailed request for information as regards the scope and purpose of information.
We use anonymised and aggregated information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, creating marketing and promotion models, improving the Service, and developing new features and functionality within the Service.
5. What personal data do we collect from you?
We have set out in the tables below the categories of personal data we collect and use about you:
|Account Registration Data||
However, we provide Business-to-Business service, and correspondingly collect mainly non-private, non-personal information, we need to identify each individual user and team member in order to provide the Service.
• consent (if the personal data is given by the data subject);
• Metallothek and Client’s legitimate interests (if the personal data is given by other person than the data subject).
|Contractual Contact Data||
As a business-to-business provider we may sign individual contract with your company, which may contain technical, billing, legal or any other contact persons.
On course of the online registration you may also decide to provide such information (e.g. billing email address, special note on the bill that may contain personal name for reference purpose).
• consent (if the personal data is given by the data subject);
• Metallothek and Client’s legitimate interests (if the personal data is given by other person than the data subject).
As a Business-to-Business service, we require corporate credit or debit card payment or – in some cases – we might enable invoice that is paid via bank transfer.
|Service Usage Data||
This is the personal data that is collected about you when you are using the Service – this may include:
• Information about your type of Service plan.
• Information about your interactions with the Service, which includes the date and time of any requests you make, searches you have made, technology support processes you have run through, list of favourites you have created, and any administrations you make in your Profile.
• Your interactions with the EQUIMETALS team.
• Your responses to surveys and questionnaires.
• Metallothek’s legitimate interests
This kind of personal data (that includes: name, employer, job title, email address, phone number) is used to enable us and our partners in sales, marketing or service delivery to send you marketing communications either:
• via email,
• via social media,
• whilst using the Service,
• other proprietary communication channel of our service partner.
• consent of the data subject
Where the processing is based on point the consent of the data subject, the data subject may withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
6. Sharing your personal data
We have set out the categories of recipients of the personal data collected or generated through your use of the Service.
|Publicly available information||No personal data will be publicly available on the Service.|
|Available information for your corporate administrator||In some subscription plans your corporate team administrator (“User”) can invite you by registering your name and corporate email address. Once you accept it, and join your company team, your administrator can see your registered name and e-mail address, but no other details (such as your service usage data).|
|Service Providers and Others||
We use service providers which may operate the technical and business support infrastructure or processes that we need to perform the Service.
may – among others – host, store, manage, and maintain our application, its content and the data we process. We may use technical service providers to help us communicate with you. We may use partners to show you more tailored content, or to help us understand your use of the Service, to provide you with a better service.
may support our corporate processes, such as sales, marketing, service delivery, billing & payment with IT support systems and/or managing outsourced processes and/or activities. In such cases third parties uses personal data solely for the purpose of our Service as set out in Chapter 6.
7. Data retention and deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with the Service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal data for as long as you are a user of the Service – e.g. your list of favourites, and your list of recent searches. After the termination of the Service we process personal data not longer than 36 months.
If you request, we will delete or anonymise your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless, we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
8. Transfer to other countries
We may subcontract processing to, or share your personal data with, third parties located in countries other than our corporate residence country. Your personal data, therefore, may be subject to privacy laws that are different from those in our country of residence.
Personal data collected within the European Union and Switzerland may, for example, be transferred to and processed by third parties located in a country outside of the European Union and Switzerland. In such instances we ensure that the transfer of your personal data is carried out in accordance with applicable privacy laws and, in particular that appropriate contractual, technical, and organisational measures are in place such as General Data Protection Regulation of the EU Commission.
We may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third-party websites. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. If you click on a third-party advertisement or link, please understand that you are leaving the Service and any personal data you provide will not be covered by this Policy. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal data.
10. Keeping your personal data safe
We are committed to protecting our users’ personal data. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to help protect the security of your personal data; however, please note that no system is ever completely secure. We have implemented various policies against unauthorised access and unnecessary retention of personal data in our systems.
Your password protects your user account, so we encourage you to use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used the Service.
We may occasionally make changes to this Policy.
When we make material changes to this Policy, we’ll provide you with notice as appropriate under the circumstances (e.g. by displaying a prominent notice within the Service or by sending you an email). We may notify you in advance.
Please, therefore, make sure you read any such notice carefully.
12. How to contact us
Metallothek Materialwissenschaft Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung
Kanyargo u. 47.
If you explicitly approve at your first visit to www.equimetals.com (“Site”) and/or your web browser enables this function, our Site may automatically save information about your computer, or other device used for internet browsing, and may also place so called cookies on your device.
A cookie is a file that can be placed on your computer or on other device used for browsing when a visitor visits a web site. Cookies have multiple functions and can be used for various purposes, such as:
- to collect information about the visitor or device,
- to note the visitors’ custom settings,
- might be used to support online transactions, or
- might be used to optimize content on the website.
Generally, cookies or other similar codes facilitate the use of a website, help the website to provide a real web experience and appropriate information for the visitor, and also to provide the website operator with functionalities such as preventing abuses and providing smooth, uninterrupted services that results high level user experience.
Accepting or enabling cookies is optional. You may also reject cookies on your computer, on other devices used for browsing, or in the settings of the web browser you are using to access our Site. Should cookies be rejected, you will not be able to fully utilize the functionality and services of our Site, and – as a consequence – we cannot guarantee you full, smooth and uninterrupted use of the website.
The following information is recorded from your activity, your device, or your web browser and be handled:
- the IP address you are using,
- the browser type and version,
- the features of the operating system of the device you use (e.g.: type, configured language),
- the exact date of the visit,
- the page, subpage, function or service that you have visited, and the time spent on the page.
The data relating to the use of this Site are handled by us and our technology partners involved in the operation according to their for the purpose of operating our Site. The transmission of recorded data is only possible in cases and purposes specified in law (typically for law enforcement and/or national security purposes), and only to those who are authorized by law.
- to tell us whether or not you have visited our Site, what (sub)pages or other sites of us you have visited earlier, what features, services, inquiries you used. That is, these cookies are basically used to gather information in order to provide even better user experience and to further develop our Site.
- to ease your navigation on our Site and to make it easier for you to access the various features and services available on our Site, thus ensuring a smooth user experience.
General types of cookies:
- Some of these cookies are absolutely necessary to enable users to browse our Site, and to fully and seamlessly use the functionality available. These are the so-called session cookies, which enable the record of the information you typed-in and/or your other actions when visiting a (sub)page, function or service. The validity of these cookies is limited to the current visit, after the end of the session or by closing the browser, this type of cookies will automatically get deleted from the computer if it is set up.
- Another type of cookies are the so-called permanent (usability) cookies provide us with the opportunity to remember the information provided by the visitor, or other information (such as visitor’s login name), so that you do not need to re-record it when returning the Site. These cookies will remain on the visitor’s computer or in your browser until the visitor deletes them.
- The so-called performance cookies collect information about how visitors use our Site. These cookies collect information such as how many and which (sub)pages were visited, where the visitor clicked on these pages, and/or how much time the visitor spend there. The aim of these is to develop and optimize the contents, features and services of our Site ensuring high-quality web experience for our visitors.
- Our own or our partners (as the third party) targeting cookies are intended to show you the most relevant content or ad on our Site. We may also use these cookies to measure the success rate of our campaigns. These cookies alone cannot identify the visitor personally, and collect information such as the (sub)pages viewed, the clicks made, the other pages visited, etc.
Our Site also contains links to external servers that are independent of us, and there are also external servers which are independent from us, and incorporate links pointing to our Site. The providers of these external servers may be able to collect user data (which data may possibly be treated in countries that are not considered to be safe third-country for data management purposes) due to the visitor’s direct connection to their servers. For such date collection we have no influence and no liability.
Third party cookies used by our site – and relevant links:
- Google Services – https://policies.google.com/technologies/types?hl=en ; https://policies.google.com/privacy
- LinkedIN (https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy)
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/)
- Hubspot (https://legal.hubspot.com/cookie-policy),
- Ninja Forms (https://ninjaforms.com/privacy-policy/)
- Advanced Custom Fields (https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/legal/privacy/)
- WooCommerce, WordPress, Akismet Anti Spam (https://automattic.com/privacy/)
- Icegram (https://www.icegram.com/privacy-policy/)
- PolyLang (https://polylang.pro/privacy-policy/)
For more detailed information on cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org.
We wish to emphasize that our primary goal for using cookies are to ease and improve the usability of our Site and to provide high level customer satisfaction. Disabling or deleting these cookies and similar codes may result unavailability of certain contents, services and functions, and/or partial or full dysfunction or unusual operation and appearance of the Site.
We hope this policy helped you to understand what cookies and similar codes are, for what purposes and what sort of cookies and similar codes we use, and what choices you have regarding them.
SEARCH IN DICTIONARY
FEATURED SUCCESS STORIES
Thanks to EQUIMETALS we could quickly identify the specific materials and needs to acquire the proper technical information for an unexpected Finnish chemical industry assignment. Without it, we wouldn’t have been able to do so.
We were searching for a seamless metal tube on a very tight deadline and no trader could even make an offer to us. But luckily the EQUIMETALS database offered several alternatives for substitute metals! We made a deal with the designer, and subsequently got the job done on time.